The Scientific Board is a non-executive, internal consultive organ of Fraunhofer Portugal, providing recommendations and statements to the remaining governing boards.
The Scientific Board competences are defined as:
- Issuing recommendations concerning research and human resources policy;
- Issuing statements of opinion concerning the planning, budgeting and annual report of Fraunhofer Portugal’s activities;
- Issuing statements of opinion regarding member appointment for the governing boards;
- Issuing statements of opinion concerning other matters other governing boards decide to submit to their appreciation;
- Issuing proposals regarding other aspects related to the activities of Fraunhofer Portugal.
The Scientific Board is composed by all the researchers developing their activity within Fraunhofer Portugal research establishments that possess a PhD degree.
Currently, the President of the Scientific Board is Liliana Ferreira.