Job Title: Researcher
Job Ref: AICOS_Jobs_2022_01
Job Type: Full time contract.
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate.
Job Location: Porto, Portugal.
The candidate will perform research activities within the Connected Things (Cyber-physical systems) group, namely in the area of embedded electronics. It is expected the candidate to contribute to the innovation area of Cognitive Connected Solutions and more specifically for the Sense portfolio item.
The candidate will work in close contact with hardware development, from the concept stage until board bring-up. More than two years of experience in PCB layout and design of RF, analogue, and mixed signals using Altium/Cadence/KiCAD will be highly valued. Candidates with experience in the development of firmware and software for embedded devices are preferred. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in the area of Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with HDI stackup definition, usage of blind/buried/plugged vias when using RF optimized dielectric materials;
- Experienced with placement and layout practices to mitigate EMC/EMI issues and design constraints for RF signals;
- Familiar with Design-For-Cost & Design-For-Manufacturing paradigms and PCB In-Circuit Test procedures;
- Experience with electronics lab testing equipment;
- (Optional) Embedded systems programming using C and C++.
More than two years of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects and embedded electronics.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 24th of January 2022.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in February 2022.
Applications must be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.
The research activities in the scope of this job opportunity are planned to be developed within the framework of projects:
- AUGMANITY – Augmented Humanity (Mobilizer i4.0), with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046103;
- CityCatalistMobilizador – City Catalist - Urban Platform as a catalyst for the development and sustainability of cities, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046119;
- ConnectedHealth – Smart and End-to-end Healthcare Management Platform, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046858;
- LoRa4UProbes – Long Range Communication for Underground Sensing Probes, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046943.