Job Title: Cloud Development Researcher
Job Ref: AICOS_Jobs_2022_12
Job Type: Full-time contract.
Job Salary: Depending on the candidate’s academic degree and professional experience.
Job Location: Porto, Portugal.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Connected Things (Cyber-physical systems) group, namely in the area of edge & cloud computing. The applicant is expected to contribute to the innovation area of Cognitive Connected Solutions and, more specifically, in front-end and back-end development applied to a real-world industry scenario.
The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Design and development of tools for data integration and management;
- Implementation of data visualisation tools (e.g., web-based dashboards using vue.js or angular.js);
- IoT devices data integration and configuration using web technologies.
Candidates with experience developing backend systems and software for cloud systems are preferred. The candidate will work closely with IoT devices, so experience within this field will be highly valued. Interest in industrial applications will be valued. Previous working experience in relevant areas will be highly regarded. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications in Informatics Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- Experience in developing back-end and front-end systems;
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
More than one year of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects and backend development.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renowned applied R&D institutions in the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first "cut-off" to evaluate applications will occur on the 15th of January, 2023.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in February 2023.
Applications must be made to the email email@example.com and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.
The research activities in the scope of this job opportunity are planned to be developed within the framework of projects:
- ATE – Aliança para a Transição Energética with call N.º 01/C05-i01/2021;
- AUGMANITY – Augmented Humanity (Mobilizer i4.0), with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046103;
- CityCatalistMobilizador – City Catalist - Urban Platform as a catalyst for the development and sustainability of cities, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046119;
- ConnectedHealth – Smart and End-to-end Healthcare Management Platform, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046858;
- LoRa4UProbes – Long Range Communication for Underground Sensing Probes, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046943;
- Microeletronica – Agenda Microeletrónica, with Call N.º 01/C05-i01/2021 (NextGenerationEU - PRR);
- NewGenTSFAE – New Generation Test Systems for Future Automotive Electronics, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046990;
- SmartHealth4All – Smart Health for All, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046115;
- STVgoDigital – Mobilizador Indústria 4.0 Textil, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046086.